Mathematics is at the core of understanding our world and ourselves and being able to articulate numerically. From maths develops logic and problem solving, and the confidence and ability to reason, compute, solve and create in a world of wonder.
We aim for students to:
- Feel confident about their ability to ‘do’ maths
- Understand that maths is a progression of linked skills
- Develop fluency in maths
- Appreciate the international and timeless language of maths.
- Foster resilience to deal with new challenges
- Develop a questioning and inquisitive mind.
- Welcome the satisfaction of mastering topics